We are searching for a Lead Bartender to join our team. Offering about 20 - 25 hours a week with potential for picking up serving shifts as well. This position calls for someone with strong wine/cocktail/beer knowledge and the creativity to concoct house recipes that compliment the vibe of our café. As Lead Bartender, you would work closely with the Café Manager in creating cocktail menu designs and weekly specials. Our ideal candidate can put together a system and set-up for the bar that best suits the space and tools we have available. They can keep the space clean and organized and have knowledge in inventory control.
Do you welcome everyone with an inviting and safe demeanour that holds the inclusive community vibe of the café? Can you converse with folks easily and find it easy to multi-task? Do you have bartending experience in a high volume casual environment and Food Safe & Serving it Right certification? Do you enjoy being a part of a team, and contributing to the ongoing success of this community space? If so, join the Heartwood Team!
- Greeting customers and creating a welcoming environment
- Ability to describe and recommend menu items
- Experience in espresso and barista work
- Ability to perform cash-handling and card transactions.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in high-volume and keep with tasks during quieter times.
- Ability to perform opening and closing procedures.
- Keeping work spaces clean, bussing when needed.
- Have at least two years experience with the work listed above
- Have a passion for their craft and ability to be creative
- Excellent at multi-tasking
- Have good communication skills to work in close coordination with others
- Hardworking and take pride in their work
- Stay calm under pressure
- Notice what needs to be done and take the initiative to do it
- Able to do work that is physically demanding and requires lifting and stamina
- Have Serving it Right certification, and Food Safe
- Truly enjoy the challenges of working with others to create a community space for a diverse clientele
- Must be able to work Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, some brunch bar shifts as well
Send Resume and Cover letter in a pdf or word format to email@example.com or drop both off at the café. We will contact successful candidates by 5pm August 20th, 2014.