At Heartwood Community Café, our vision is to create a community that nourishes the spirit of social justice and liberation. We believe that everyone is welcome at the dinner table and that collaboration is key to full bellies and full hearts.
Our goal is to actively build and bridge communities that value: solidarity building nested in compassion; creating a queer inclusive space; holding space for marginalized voices to be heard and amplified; using arts as a vehicle for change; and serving delicious local, organic, and ethically sourced food.
Purpose of the Social Media Volunteer
Heartwood Community Café in partnership with Rowboat Consulting have developed a marketing plan that requires active online community engagement. Our ideal Social Media Volunteer fulfill the following traits:
· Has a clear and aligned understanding of Heartwood’s social justice centred mission and goals.
· Able to articulate Heartwood’s social justice centred mission and goals and use it as a connecting point for community building and strengthening through social media.
· Strategically engage and broaden Heartwood’s online community through exciting and responsive interactions.
· Have interest, experience, and established connections with local community organizations and broader social justice movements.
· Calm, highly personable, and enjoys working and building collaboration.
· Possess strong initiative, flexibility and desire to learn more.
· Possess organizational, time management and prioritizing skills needed with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
· Have an active, professional, established profiles on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with a minimum of two years experience in social media.
· Able to work independently.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
Deliverables / Duties
Responsibilities of this position:
· Actively engage and respond to online community tweets, posts, and images regarding #OurHeartwood campaign, Heartwood events, and community collaborations.
· Create concise and exciting social media posts regarding Heartwood’s #OurHeartwood campaign, events, and community collaborations.
· Build and strengthen online membership on Heartwood’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagrams communities.
· Maintain contact with Community Development Manager and other key Heartwood staff for possible updated tasks in social media strategies.
· Measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts.
Benefits & Recognition
What we offer in return:
· Opportunity to meet and work with awesome social justice centred folks in the Heartwood Community!
· Support a thriving grassroots community build a stronger community connection.
· Personal reward and professional development.
· Written reference letter.
· Heartwood Community Café gift certificate as a small token of our appreciation!
Position Start Date
As soon as possible
Position End Date
February 28, 2015
2 hours per week
Time & Day of Volunteer Engagement
Remotely or in café - we’re flexible!
For more information or to apply, please contact
Community Development Manager
Heartwood Community Café
P: (604) 872-3166