Celebrating One Year in Community!
Heartwood has changed enormously since opening in September 2014. We give continuous thanks to Lisa, Vinetta and the communities built at Rhizome Cafe for the trust and support they have provided during the transition. Heartwood is space for community collaboration and creation - who we are now is a reflection of the communities built, bridged, and strengthened at 317 E. Broadway. We're so proud!
We also give a very dear thank you to Trinity United, which has given us such amazing support throughout the past year. Heartwood would not be able to be a physical space for community without Trinity United opening both their hearts and pockets. Our Makeover ContinuesMany thanks again to Rowboat Consulting who designed our logo and continue to work their brilliant with us on marketing and digital storytelling. We also want to have a big shout out to Sign-a-rama for their five-star service in producing and installing our sign. Searching for guidance in marketing and sign-making? Get in touch with Rowboat Consulting and Sign-a-rama!
We will be continuing our makeovers this November and will be painting new colours on our walls from November 9th to 11th (the cafe will be open for regular hours on November 9th and will be closed on November 10th and 11th). Although we’ll be airing out the cafe during these times, please note that if you are sensitive to chemical scents, there may be residual paint fumes in the days following our repainting. Our apologies for any inconveniences and discomfort.
El Cencerro is an online magazine creating a meeting point for Latin American artistists throughout BC to make visible, develop, promote and disseminate artistic efforts that have contributed to maintaining the Latin American identity beyond its regions of origin. El Cencerro is powered only by its movement. It is through the arts, they believe, that we can participate in the cultural life of all communities.
On Saturday, November 1st, they will be bringing Dios de los Muertos/Day of the Dead celebrations to Heartwood. Come by for activities and fun. Doors open at 6pm!
- Saturday, November 1 | 6pm - El Cencerro Presents: Day of the Dead Celebrations
- Thursday, November 6 | 6pm - An evening with Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society
- Friday, November 7 | 7pm - Femme City Choir Presents: Femme Friday Mixer
- Saturday, November 8 | Animal Voices Vancouver Presents: Animal Liberation Talent Show
- Tuesday, November 11 | CAFÉ CLOSED - Remembrance Day
- Friday, November 14 | 6:30pm - Rising Tide Coast Salish Territories Presents: Resistance Cabaret II – Unis’ot’en Fundraiser
- Saturday, November 15 | 6pm - El Cencerro Presents: Proyecto Conectivo / Connective Project
- Friday, November 21 | 6pm - El Cencerro Presents: For Your Eyes
- Wednesday, November 26 | Drug War Capitalism: Alternative perspectives on the United States-led "War on Drugs" in Mexico
- Thursday, November 27 | 6pm - The Talon UBC Showcase
- Friday, November 28 | 6pm - Live Music: Illiteratty and Push3
- Saturday, November 29 | 6pm - El Cencerro Presents: Abdication Party